Friday 28 November 2014

November Favourites Part 1: Beauty



These are a few of my favourite things!

Out of all possible blog posts, reading/watching monthly favourites has got to be close to the top (Right under haul videos - they make me feel better about the amount of money I spend on beauty things) and so you can only imagine how stoked I was to sit down to write this bad boy! This month I had three beauty favourites which includes *drum roll* Sleek Blush by Three in Pink Lemonade, Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana, Eco Tools Airbrush Concealer Brush, Lush soap in Yog Nog and the Argan Facial Moisturiser by Swisse.  Now heres the low down;


Sleek Blush by Three in Pink Lemonade

I’ve had this blush pallet since early this year, yet our love affair didn’t really blossom until early this month as the summer season set in. I’ve got a review coming up soon on this and another Sleek blush pallet so I don’t want to say to much, but trust me, my face and this pallet are practically inseparable. Also, the colours are inspired by tea parties - could it get cuter?


Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana

I must say, I initially hated this powder, hated, loathed, I was the Grinch and it was Christmas type of loathed - I see my mistakes now. Banana is a Bella powder (designed to eliminate shine, enhance light and set foundation on those with light to medium skin tones) and is perfect for setting under eye concealer! If your paler, like myself, I recommend going lightly with this powder as you don't want it to look like you've an actual yellow face! Will defiantly be something I use in the Christmas month!

Eco Tools Airbrush Concealer Brush

When buying brushes, something I tend to avoid fearing picking the wrong one, I normally just go for what feels right, not to soft, not to hard (not to expensive – a girls got to eat you know?) After realising I was picking up more product then I was blending in when using my fingers to apply concealer, I thought this brush was worth a whirl. It was. Oh, it so was. Thanks to a large hormonal break this month (Something I never thought I’d be thankful for) I can confidently say, that this brush helps to conceal everything – will defiantly be a favourite for many months to come!


Lush Soap in Yog Nog

If using Christmas themed body products during November is wrong, then I don’t want to be right. The name about says it all, its an eggnog scented soap dusted with nutmeg and cinnamon – super moisturizing and leaves a pleasant but not overly pungent scent on the skin. I will most defiantly be stocking up before Christmas is over! I literally am living for this soap.


Argon Facial Moisturiser by Swisse 

I have dry to combination skin, but early last month, my face began to get gradually dryer and dryer until I looked like some scally thing out of Sanctum! (We'll get to that later) and I knew it was time for a change! As it came time to repurchase, I realised that this has been the ONLY moisturiser that I've enjoyed enough to keep using and even to rebuy! Its smoothing, calming and doesn't aggravate my skin, its also not SUPER oily, so it settles in quickly. Lovin' it!



What have you enjoyed this month?
Stay Shiny x

No comments:

Post a Comment